The start of the decade saw the launch of a brand-new fruit-flavoured sweet sensation: hitschler fruit laces! These fruit laces were a hit and are still part of our yearround range today.
Just two years later, one of our best-loved classics was born: Softi strip chews. They are a particular favourite in the Rhine region during carnival season.
In the mid 1970s, hitschler launched another product innovation, which until then had never been seen before in Germany: bacon-shaped foam sweets! These light chews with the delicious vanilla cream flavour were soon a hit with confectionery fans of all ages!
News that hitschler sweets are not only high quality but also taste exceptionally good, travelled fast.
So it should come as no surprise that the products soon also found their way into shops in the rest of Europe: driven by Walter Hitschler’s entrepreneurial vision, the company ventured into entirely new markets and, from the 1960s, tasty hitschler products were even enjoyed in Saudi-Arabia.
Following the death of Ferdinand Hitschler, Walter Hitschler founded the company hitschler International, which still exists to this day. Inspired by his passion, the focus of the new company was now the sale of sweets in Germany and international.
From this point on, the company continually expanded. The acquisition and subsequent expansion of the ‘first German chewing gum factory’ in the mid 1950s represented the company’s decisive step into the future. From then on, hitschler International was not only a distribution company but also a manufacturing company.
Walter Hitschler joined his father’s company when he was in his early twenties. The company changed its name to Ferdinand Hitschler & Sohn in 1946.
Walter Hitschler, who had always been passionate about sweets, initiated the ongoing expansion of the company’s sweets assortment: chewing gum and other sweets were now an established part of the company’s range.